Welcome to Episode 010 of the Ministry Hangout podcast. Listen and access the show notes below or search for Ministry Hangout on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts.
Dave Adamson got his start as a TV reporter for one of Australia’s top sports networks. He is now the Social Media and Online Pastor at North Point Ministries. Dave is passionate about using social media to help people take the next step in their faith journey.
In this episode, Dave shares social media best practices and insights on how your church can reach people and make a great first impression on every digital platform.
Insights from This Episode
1. There’s been a philosophical change.
A church’s website is no longer the most common first impression a guest has. Social media is.
2. Use social media as a telephone, not a megaphone.
Make social media a two-way conversation (telephone) to interact and engage rather than a one-way conversation to broadcast church events.
3. Church voices vary.
Dave mentioned that each North Point campus has separate social media account and the content reflects the community that each campus serves. Social media gives a look into personalities from people onstage and behind the scenes and makes the church feel more accessible.
Quotes from This Episode
- The voice you reflect on social media has to be the voice you have on Sunday. [Click to tweet]
- A few years ago, a church’s website was the front door. But now, the reality is that social media is the pathway and the front door mat that leads up to the front door. [Click to tweet]
- Social media makes a big church small and a pastor more accessible. [Click to tweet]
- I need to take the social media aspect of what I do as important as the weekend preaching of what I do – spending time at it and working at it. [Click to tweet]
About Ministry Hangout
Greg Surratt, founder and pastor of Seacoast Church in South Carolina was regularly having conversations with ministry leaders when he realized that these discussions could provide value to more than just him. Thus, Ministry Hangout was born. Our simple mission to share conversations that matter. We’ll discuss a little bit of everything from lessons learned from churches doing something really well to the nitty gritty of how to develop leaders on your staff to how to use social media for your church to how to foster worship leader development. We want to cover it all and have more conversations that matter.
Subscribe for free on iTunes and never miss an episode featuring pastors and leaders who will inspire you, share ideas and strategies, and encourage you in leading the church.
Was this insanely practical content helpful to you? Rate this podcast.
Our prayer is that this episode will help you grow and be more effective in the ministry God has called you to lead. Visit ChurchFuel.com for more practical resources plus coaching and training for pastors and church staff.
When you rate and review the Ministry Hangout podcast on iTunes, it helps the podcast reach more pastors and leaders with encouragement and tips for their church.